Friday, January 15, 2016

New Year, New Adventure

NEW YEAR.......Wow I can't believe I haven't posted in a few weeks, what a slacker I am. Whelp we spent the holidays with family, treats and laughs. We rang in the New Year with family, playing board games and darts. 2015 was the best year to date. I married my best friend.

Now coming into the new year we were given the news that we would struggle with infertility and that it won't be easy for us to have babies. As devasting as this was to hear we have not lost hope.

Yesterday we made a very big step into creating our family. We sat down with a Foster/Adpotive Family Recruiter. My husband comes from a blended family of step, half and foster/adoptive siblings. I adore his family. His parents especially for creating such happiness for his siblings. 

We know the goal of fostering is to replace the child back with their own family. This is something we understand extensively. I know that in my heart if it's the right place for them to be the lord will make it happen.

Now we haven't stopped hoping for children of our own, quite the opposite. This is something that we've prayed about, creating our own family, our father in heaven has pointed us into this direction. In due time I know will have children but there are several ways to have a family, this is just one. Kirk and I have talked with our parents about this and all are supportive and on board.

We are so excited for this next step. It's a lengthy process to start but it should be. My husband and I haven't been closer. This next chapter is a blessing our father in heaven has asked of us and we are more then willing to participate. Any that is interested in what we are doing check out, http://utahfostercare.org their page has all the you need to look into it and find answers to questions or strike your curisoty



No comments:

Post a Comment